Thursday 14 June 2007

Not a stitch since Sunday!

I have been chomping on the bit, wanting to start my Jaywalker socks with the posh sock yarn, but only late last night did I manage to untangle the yarn. Each night I have been convincing myself that "tonight's the night" and the yarn will be ready to knit, but it's only now that I can contemplate casting on. I'm sure there has to be an easier way to unravel a skein. Why does it always take me so long. I had the yarn on my knees and started well, but before long I was in a mess. Anyway, the yarn is now ready and looks gorgeous. A photo will confirm this:













Today's weather has been miserable - really wet and rainy, the sort of weather you expect in October and November. The rain sends the kids a bit loopy at school and frustrates we teachers. The great thing about weather like this is having a pair of newly knitted socks like these:
These are Colinette Jitterbug in Mardi Gras. They are beautiful and warm. They are not remotely identical and this is usually a problem for me but because they are not faux fair isle, I feel surprisingly tranquil about their individuality.
I'm not having a big knitting night today - I'm going out for a Chinese with Emily and Rich. Tomorrow I'm picking up Shona and then it's camping on Saturday. How will Tulip fit into that? The likelihood is that it won't be finished and ready to wear in June. June 2008 it is then!

No comments: