Saturday 9 June 2007

Can't sleep for thinking knitting

As predicted, I had a nice time at Knit Club at Lucy's. There were only four of us, but it was really good fun and we managed to cram in a lot of knitting and knitting chatter. There are actually two Lucys, so this blog make get confusing, Barbara and me. I did a bit of crochet, but then ripped it back and promised never to be seduced by it again because it makes no sense to me whatsoever and then continued with the second sock in Colinette's Jitterbug Mardi Gras. The cuff is almost completed. Barbara actually did some knitting on a sock and it looks unlikely this time that she will rip it back. She has a habit of undoing everything she ever knits at Knit Club, but I'm hoping she will break the habit. Lucy (the host) showed us the progress on that marvellous throw and she was also knitting something from the RYC Coast book and the other Lucy completed her first sock and I helped her to graft it, which made me feel like I had actually completed a project.

Lucy (the one making socks) and I are going to the Wool Baa tomorrow to order our Colinette yarn that the other Lucy is using for her Brioche throw. We are just so inspired and I'm sure that throw is the reason I have been up since 4.45am! I have just spent over forty-five minutes choosing my colours on the internet. The trouble is, Lucy's throw is just so stunning and the colour combination perfect, that I fear I will not make as wise a decision when it comes to choosing my yarn colours. At the moment it stands at:

Mohair - Cezanne, Moss, Autumn leaves
Giotto - Velvet Leaf, Madras
Tagliatelli - Castagna

This combination is likely to change and I'm hoping that Jill at the Wool Baa has some colours in already so I can compare because using the internet can be tricky in that way. I had six Colinette windows up at the same time and have changed the colours and checked the colours various times. I love autumn colours and want browns, oranges and greens but it is tricky without seeing the yarns together. I want subtle and bright together with dark and light. All this is a lot to ask of yourself on the internet. The throw is designed for the living room and the brown leather settee that I keep being assured by Eric will happen one day.

No doubt I will update after my trip to inform you that this plan has all changed and that I have bought pinks, purples and blues and that's it's for the little bedroom, and already now that I've written that (or should it be typed?) I'm thinking that would be a great idea.

No comments: