Monday 28 January 2008

Don't count your chickens before they've hatched

I had a good day yesterday. I got a lot of work done in the morning, went knitting with some friends, came home, did a bit more work and went to bed. All in all a good day. I finished a pair of child's socks and generally had nice woolly thoughts. The mistake in the day was confessing that I haven't marked any books in three weeks.

Today I went to school, the weather was not dreary and I was thinking, "how nice, only two more weeks until half term and then a nice week off."

Well guess what? All that marking needs doing asap and the next two weeks are going to be fraught.

Ofsted are coming to town.

That seriously affects my knitting plans.

3 comments:

maramcp said...

If there is anything I can do to ease the burden, let me know. I have too much time on my hands, as my sock knitting outpit so far this year shows! Seriously, shout if there is anything I can help with...

Anonymous said...

Now. Do what Worzell does and get your working head on. If you don't get them papers marked and knuckle down to some work, you will be out of a job, out of your home, on the streets, but with warm feet. I won't tell you again, you know what needs to be done, now do it. There.

Caroline M said...

Oh dear, marking it is then. The knitting will wait, the marking won't.