Thursday 21 February 2008

Update

Today there is an aniversary of sorts at our house because it is a whole year since we got Granby from the Cat Shelter. I really cannot believe that he's been here a year. It doesn't seem two minutes since we met him, fell in love with him and then had an action plan to get him. When I came home that first day he was hiding under the bed and wouldn't come out. Today he was waiting for me and gave me lots of attention when I came home from work. I know that I'm biased because I'm his mum, but isn't he cute? I made sure I chose the picture in which he looked least rotund.


























My friend Julie was really pleased with her recent sock gift. She loves the colour green so I used Peakwool's Nether Green colour way of Lorna's Laces and I think they look gorgeous. The wool was spiralling at first so I alternated rounds with the centre and outside of the ball to get a more variegated effect. This worked really well and is something I will do again at first sight of any sprials. She has been showing them off at work and telling everyone they are the most comfortable socks ever. This has meant requests for socks have increased again. This is not the usual Shepherd Sock yarn, but instead Shepherd Sport. It's slightly thicker to knit with but so soft and it feels really durable. I would definitely knit with this yarn again.



















Ezzie's Pot Luck socks are coming on nicely. He was fearful I had Second Sock Syndrome as I finished Julie's socks between his first and second sock. I'm back on with them now and hope to finish them this evening as I'm going out knitting. I've done really well to make them look like a pair, and this isn't easy using seven small balls of leftover sock yarn. He loves them and it feels as if I'm getting something for nothing because I had kind of written off the leftovers.




















Going back to work on Monday was awful. I just couldn't get out of bed. I had got used to a week of staying in bed until nine o'clock. I'm not a parent, but I would like to complain about some of the parents I have to deal with. There are some pupils at school whose behaviour is unacceptable, yet when you try to deal with that behaviour the parents are on the phone complaining about what you've done and assuming you are wrong and their child is right. Why are some people blinded by their own kids? I've had a nasty phone call this evening where a mother has completed backed up her son's poor attitude and behaviour and told me how to do my job. I feel it should be me telling her how to do her job.


Shona came to stay at the weekend and we had a great time baking, making and talking. It's her birthday shortly and I'm taking her with some friends and family for a meal at Pizza Hut. No doubt I will come to regret this suggestion, but at the moment it seems like an idyllic idea.

No comments: