Saturday 20 September 2008

It's getting hot in here

When we came back from Germany (that was back in July) the boiler had decided to call it a day. We had no hot water in the sinks and no heating. Thankfully we had hot water in the shower, but that was it. Washing up pots meant boiling kettles of water first and it was all rather frustrating but I think we just got used to it.

With one thing and another in the summer we didn't get around to sorting out the boiler. To be perfectly honest we didn't really know where to start and thought that it would be a terrible job and didn't know who to trust. I think we have watched too many episodes of 'Rogue Traders'. Anyway, with the weather turning much colder recently the impetus increased and we found someone to do the job.

Last night I came home from work and walked into a lovely warm flat. It was a revelation. I watched tv last night and didn't have to curl up under a duvet with a hot water bottle. It felt nicer to be home and my teeth weren't chattering.

I've been feeling really out of it recently. There was a knitting meet this week which I didn't even know about because I've not been on the forum for ages. I'm sad to have missed that, though it's unlikely I would have felt up to it. I've been working late at work, we had an open evening on Thursday so I didn't get back until 9pm, and quite honestly I feel like I don't know what I am doing. It is only a few weeks until the German party do the return leg and that is always a lot of work for me. I'm also involved in a webcasting project at the moment. It's really exciting but all I know is that it has generated a huge amount of work for me. I keep remembering that through the project and its organisation I'm becoming more skilful and this can only be a good thing when you're looking for a new job.

On the knitting front, once again there's little to report. I've just finished another pair of the Regia Nation socks in the rainbow colours. They're for a friend who looked after Granby Percival when we were away. I've now got a few balls of this hiding in the wardrobe so that me and Ezzie can have a pair of these eventually in the future. It's amazing the fear the word 'discontinued' creates in a knitter. I'm not making any socks for a while. I'm now back on with the Rowan Twisted Jumper. I really want to be able to wear it this year so I need to get cracking.

I also feel really out of it with blogging and reading other people's blogs. Sorry to all my blogging friends whose blogs I normally visit. It's nothing personal and I'm hoping to get back into it again soon.

2 comments:

Caroline M said...

You slacker you. I did wonder where you were on Wednesday, as well as the company you missed some very nice hazelnut squares from Becky

maramcp said...

You were sorely missed. Glad to hear you are fine, and it was lovely to see you at the Wool Baa this afternoon.