Rowan Tulip is perilously close to completion. And I am perilously close to throwing in the towel.
This is undoubtedly the best garment I have ever made. I have learned how to sew shoulders using matress stitch. I have picked up 276 stitches and attached a trim along the fronts and neck and then done the same with the sleeves. I only have the ties to complete now and the thing is finished. And yet, I am really disappointed with it all.
The fronts are puckered and the lovely drape that this had only a couple of days ago has quickly disappeared. I don't think I have knitted it long enough, so when I put it on, it feels short and ill fitting. The sleeves do not resemble in anyway the pictures and one is much tighter on my arm than the other. (That or I have abnormally different arms.) I am trying to remember that this is going to be a huge milestone and that I have learned a lot on the way, but I feel embarrassed by what I have produced. It will be ready to wear in Germany, but I don't think it will end up in the suitcase.