Friday 3 August 2007

And still we wait...

My wool for dyeing still hasn't arrived and it's unlikely to for a while because it is clearly caught up in the postal strike. I am so frustrated because I have time to dye and I can't get on with it. Shona has now gone home and she was a little disappointed because she had some whacky ideas for what her sock yarn would look like.

I was supposed to be in Whitby yesterday and today but my car failed its MOT. I assumed, quite wrongly, that it would pass as it had all that work done in June, but unfortunately it didn't. It is at the garage today getting a re-test so I am waiting for that to be successful. It's had the repair work done, and thankfully it wasn't too costly.
On Tuesday I went to Heathrow to see off Di. She has gone to Australia for at least a year. It was sad to see her go but I know she will have a great time. I am already wondering when I will be able to get out there and starting to save. Already I can't wait for that.

Whilst I do all this waiting I have managed to knit and have made good progress with the Colinette Jitterbug in Popsicle. These socks were to be for Ezzie but he tried one on at my Mum's on Wednesday and they are just too small, so my Mum has claimed them. I normally knit Jitterbug with 3mm dpns, but these are with 2.5mm and it has clearly made a difference. They do look a lot neater. I hope to finish the second sock today. I'm going away on my holidays next week and then I'm off to Madrid so I won't see the Bradford gang until September. Should I trust the socks in the post for my Mum? Surely they will make it before September... famous last words.

2 comments:

Caroline M said...

There doesn't look to be a lot of yarn left there - have you turned the heel on that second sock?

I'm waiting on three books from different ebay sellers, they are taking ages to get here. I'm just used to super speedy delivery.

McKnitty said...

You don't miss a trick! I've had to buy another skein. I should have enough yarn left for some more socks. I was thinking of doing what you do and make some socks from leftover yarn. I have leftover yarn from two other Jitterbug yarns. They are all very different (Florentina is purple, Mardi Gras is red) but what the heck?

A book from Amazon has arrived just now, but still no wool. Here's to Saturday...