Sunday 20 May 2007

During my internet travels I've found alsorts.

I've been looking at many different blogs today and found an interesting knitting quiz which I've filled out. This will give you a better understanding of my knitting expertise (admittedly limited).


Edit the list, bold for stuff you’ve done, italics for stuff you plan to do one day, and normal for stuff you’re not planning on doing.
Afghan/Blanket – got all the wool and have started a few squares for a throw for my new sofa, but not very far with it yet.
I-cordGarter stitch – but not sure why I would use it
Knitting with metal wire – not on your nelly!
Shawl – but probably only one because they look really tricky!
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down – favourite thing at the moment
Socks: toe-up – don’t need to, have worked out how many rows I need to fit different sized feet
Knitting with camel yarn
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat
Knitting with silk – that reminds me, I have a fan and feather pure silk scarf to finish one day.
Moebius band knitting – no idea what it is?
Participating in a KAL – as above
Sweater – but alas, only one.
Drop stitch patterns – a lovely scarf in a lovely yarn.
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns – one of my first unfinished projects. A cushion. Now off the needles as boyfriend was going on about whether it was ever going to be finished. He now knows conclusively the answer to that question.
Knitting with banana fiber yarn – hate bananas. Have only eaten two in whole life. Just the smell is repellent. Not allowed in the house. Though I do love those synthetic and horrible banana sweets.
Domino knitting (modular knitting)
Twisted stitch patterns – yes, a great effect.
Knitting with bamboo yarn – inevitable one day soon as it does seem to be the yarn of the moment.
Two end knitting
Charity knitting – should do some of this one day.
Knitting with soy yarn – did a scarf with some soy content. Does that count?
Cardigan – another project on the needles at the moment. I love cardigans so this should be a high priority.
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Slippers
Graffiti knitting (knitting items on, or to be left on the street) – like the idea, but couldn’t bear to leave my hard work to the elements for someone to destroy.
Continental knitting – wished I’d learned this in Germany but was not a knitter when I was there. Lived with a German lady who was a wizz at making socks this way. Another wasted opportunity…
Designing knitted garments – I’m sure I will do this one day. It’s not for lack of ideas, just lack of time.
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran) – love cables. Have books devoted to them.
Lace patterns – done a bit but always get confused along the way.
Publishing a knitting book – never going to happen.
Scarf – made many. Still love the first ever project I made for boyfriend in Rowan Spray. Simple garter stitch but truly lovely!
Teaching a child to knit – I’ve attempted this one with my six year old niece. She can finger knit, but needles…we’re still a long way off!
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
Knitting to make money
Button holes – a necessity with the cardigan I will one day make.
Knitting with alpaca – a scarf.
Fair Isle knitting – but too scared.
Norwegian knitting – no idea.
Dyeing with plant colours (Just changed spellings as I’m British.)
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cozies…) – what a waste of time and yarn!
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars – four or DPNs for me!
Olympic knitting
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn – would be lovely. But don’t know anyone, so unlikely.
Knitting with DPNs – always bamboo.
Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit – taught boyfriend to finger knit. Does that count?
Bobbles
Knitting for a living
Knitting with cotton – but I prefer wool.
Knitting smocking
Dyeing yarn
Steeks
Knitting art
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured knitting
Kitchener BO - is this grafting or Kitchener stitch?
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching

Long Tail CO
Entrelac
Knitting and purling backwards
Machine knitting
Knitting with self-patterning/self-striping/variegating yarn – I blame this for the sock obsession.
Stuffed toys – last Christmas made a lovely teddybear for nephew.
Baby items
Knitting with cashmere – best friend bought me aload for birthday. Such a good friend!
Darning
Jewelry
Knitting with synthetic yarn – urgh!
Writing a pattern – I could do that!
Gloves – last year's obsession.
Intarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
Tubular CO
Freeform knitting
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mitts/arm warmers
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Rug
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting
Knitting a gift – almost everything I knit is a gift.
Knitting for pets – surely cat would look even more handsome with a scarf.
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair – done unwittingly.
Hair accessories
Knitting in public – I knit everywhere. Even knitted waiting in a restaurant with boyfriend. How understanding is he?

No comments: