Saturday 15 September 2007

What to knit next?

A very short post.

I have almost finished Shona's Christmas socks and don't know what to knit next. I have to knit more Christmas socks but can't decide what. I braved the stash today and came across some lovely RYC Cashsoft yarn which would be ideal for socks. I bought it ages ago for a Sheffield Forum Knitalong, but the pattern was so difficult that I decided not to bother. I really would like to knit toe-up socks and raced to the Wool Baa to buy circular needles. When I got home and had a look at the pattern on the web, it looked so complicated that I couldn't face it alone. I think I will need to start that at the Wool Baa's group meeting for help.

That still means I don't know what to knit. I could opt for some faux fair isle as I have plenty of the stuff. But I want more of a challenge. I think I will hit my Stitch Reference Book and consider something original from there. It's not a good feeling not knowing what to do next.

1 comment:

Caroline M said...

Start now and you could have finished one pair of toe up socks before the next meeting. You can go toe up on your normal dpns you know and if you don't fancy a figure of eight cast on from the toe end you can do a provisional cast on with half the number of stitches and do a short row toe. (I'll find a link and email it you) You could go toe up in faux fair isle and that would count as a challenge AND stash reduction. Two birds, one stone, one Christmas present.

We just can't have you with nothing to knit.