Monday 3 September 2007

Back to work...

... and it really wasn't that bad!

I started my new job today and I felt a bit out of my depth, but I'm not going to know everything straight away and having met with various people and had various meetings, I actually feel quite excited about it all. There's a lot of work to do, no doubt about it, but I'm looking forward to getting my teeth stuck in.

No further news on the knitting front, except the new Magknits is out and I love the Kaibashira socks. I felt sure I would knit them, but they are knitted on two circular needles. I love my dpns far too much and don't want to knit on circulars. It just sounds too difficult. I like the socks because they are a Feather and Fan pattern. I'm wondering whether I would be able to work out a pattern of my own for dpns. Surely by now I can? I have worked out that I am on sock 28 at the moment, which I consider to make me quite accomplished at regular socks. I think I enjoy knitting Monkey socks so much because they challenge me a little more. Maybe making my own pattern (albeit from someone else's inspiration) would be a good thing for my Knitting Development.

4 comments:

Caroline M said...

You could just knit the pattern as it stands on dpns. The first row might be a bit tricky with all those stitches but it soon reaches normal numbers and you could just use more needles to start with.

Caroline M said...

Having reread the pattern, it does say two circulars OR three dpns and then tells you how to split the stitches. It will bend stripes like the monkey pattern does so would look good in a yarn with a long colour run.

McKnitty said...

I clearly need to read this again! There is hope for we of the dpns! I have some lovely plain purple yarn, might that work? Or would a mixture of colours still be preferable?

Knot Another Knitter said...

I love those socks too and was put off by the circular needles but it does indeed say you can use DPN's. They're my next socks on the knit list :) By the way, I keep my blog a secret by buying OH a Wii...he never gives me a second glance anymore ;)