Monday 4 August 2008

Update

It's now week three of the holidays and I just cannot believe how fast the time is flying. I've not done anything amazing, but I do seem to have been busy and up to all sorts of things.



Since the car passed its MOT I have been interested in buying myself a ring. My friend Catherine is getting married at the end of the month and I have bought a lovely green dress and shoes. I would like to have an emerald ring to match. I don't own any rings but I do have a lot of costume jewellery which I enjoy wearing. I was thinking that at my age I should have some nice rings so I have been visiting lots of jewellers. Lucy Littleblue has been helping me to choose and I think I have made up my mind now. I could pay for it on interest free credit over twelve months, but I could also pay for it in one go, but if I do that I think I'm going to ask for a reduction. They can always say no.



I've been to the allotment a couple of times and it was nice to show the place off to Lucy. The vegetables are doing really well at the moment and it's been nice to cook with so much of our own produce. This evening, for example, I cooked with four of our own vegetables and the taste was brilliant. I'm now waiting for the tomatoes to start being abundant because I'm going to make chutney. More Christmas presents, I'm afraid.



Ezzie and I sold tip sheets at the greyhound track the other night to earn money for the retired dogs and we had a really great evening. We picked up a couple of dogs from the kennels and they were fantastic. Even Ezzie completely fell for them. They are a brother and a sister, faun coloured and just so friendly. When we'd finished we took them for a walk around Hillsborough Park and pretended they were ours. We were sad to give them back at the end of the night, though it was nice to see Granby when we got back home.



I have been knitting, but I don't feel I have much to show for it, and some of these are from ages ago. I made a couple of leaving presents for colleagues at school. The first is some Regia stripy yarn and was made deliberately in Sheffield Wednesday colours. Ezzie was most put out that they were not made for him, but I'm sure I'll make him for his birthday later this year.









These leaving present socks were made from Knot Another Knitter sock yarn in High Voltage, and I really enjoyed knitting with this yarn. The colours are great!




I have made my sister her first pair of knitted socks. They are Monkey socks in a yarn by Natural Dye Studio. I forget the rest of the information. She assures me she will look after them. I'm quite surprised by her because she is not into traditional and crafty stuff at all, but she has hassled me sufficiently to prove she really wants some. I only hope the other two do not start nagging as well. You may have noticed I have only one sock photographed here. I left the other one at my mum's the last time I saw her, but there is a pair and it is a completed project.





On the forum there is a selfish knit along at the moment. I've not started anything new. Instead I'm going to finish the Rowan Twisted Jumper and have it ready to wear in September. Kidsilk Haze can be a tedious job to knit with, but I think I am making some (albeit slow) progress. The throw has been put on hold for a bit.


1 comment:

maramcp said...

Wow! That is a lot of knitting! I am really impressed with the progress on the Twisted jumper.